Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Return of the Wayward Poster

Well, hello there! Its been …. a while.

1 .5 years, to be exact.

Uhhh, whoops.

Been off the blogging bandwagon for just a smidge but I’m back, baby, back!

When last we spoke, I had a scrumptious almost-1-year-old baby boy named Mason, who has since blossomed into a whip-smart 2.5 year old.
From this …
DSC_0513 copy
… to this.
DSC_0019 copy
In case you can’t tell, Mace is no longer a fan of smiling for photos. He’s too “cool” for that jazz anymore, man.

Three months ago, we also added a fourth member to our family … little Miss. Hell-on-Wheels, otherwise known as Avery.
DSC_0034 copy
We really push the “stunned and surprised” look for photos in our house.

Anyways …

After taking such a long break, you may be wondering why I’ve decided to start posting again. In short – I missed it. I truly, truly missed it. I missed the creative outlet, I missed the documentation, I missed the feeling of putting out work I’m proud of.

Blogging fell by the wayside when I went back to work after my first maternity leave, and I missed it almost every day. You mama’s who work full-time and still have time to post … hat’s off to you ladies! I have no idea how you do it!

I’m now at the beginning of my 2nd maternity leave, and have been desperate to get back to writing. I’ve been waiting for the perfect time to re-launch this blog and, 3 months in to stay-at-home mommy-hood, I’ve finally found enough of a balance between parental obligations and free time to allow myself the luxury. Yay!

For my old readers who never deleted me from their lists and are now like “Who the hell is this chick again?”, I’m the one who leaves her son's shoes on top of cars, compared shopping at garden centres to prostitutes, and, oh yah, may-or-may-not have submitted her baby to a spray in the face from tiger urine. For new readers … welcome to my special little world of zany!

I’m thrilled to be back, and am so happy you’ve come along for the ride.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am SO GLAD you are back (and Tweeting, too!!)

    Can't wait to see what's in store!!

    (This may be a LEETLE too enthusiastic, even for me, so I'm going to go now).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails