As I type this, Jamie is sitting at a table in Las Vegas, playing in a World Series of Poker event at the Rio Hotel. And he’s kicking ass. Seriously.
From a starting number of 2101 players, the field has been whittled down to 48, among which one is my husband. How proud do you think I am? I’m honestly bursting.
In honour of this event, I’m reposting a Top 10 List I wrote back in February about how having a baby is like a trip to Vegas. Because when Jamie gets back, I’m sure he’s always going to want to be reminded of this trip and luckily, I think our kids are more than willing to accommodate. Here you go, boo!
1. Somewhere around 3am you lose all sense of time and judgement.
2. “Craps” is no longer just a game, but a description of what you’ve spent 10 minutes cleaning up.
3. It seems like someone’s mouth is always on a boob or a bottle.
4. Vomit, feces, or urine will force an outfit change at least once a day.
5. You spend all night trying to get that girl into bed, only to have her throw up on herself when you succeed.
6. The experience makes you drink more than any reasonable person should.
7. Your son’s “one-armed bandit” just “hit the jackpot” all over the change table.
8. The longer you’re there, the smaller your bankroll gets.
9. You’re forced to see things you’d rather never speak of again.
10. Someone always winds up crying in the fetal position on the floor of their room.
That’s it, that’s all! And if you like it, please pin it!